Sportfish banner

Monday 4 January 2010

A message from the darkside

Birthday in Robe, South Australia - November 2009

A write-up I promised a while ago with a couple of pictures. As temperatures tipped 40+, timing was perfect for a trip south from Adelaide to small seaside town called Robe. Robe is famed for its sea crayfish, but also for its great beaches, one of which you can drive onto so no long hike.

For my birthday, I booked up for a morning boat fishing trip with John Stuart (johnbstuart@bigpond.com) who runs a local Charter Boat. Conditions were great, perfect weather and calm seas. We caught a few different species including snapper which had to be returned as they were in their closed season.

I have booked up for my next trip with John in mid-Jan 2010, so hopefully something a bit bigger then.

Happy New Year to all.

Simon



Cheers Simon, glad to see they are getting a bit bigger, I trust they made good eating!

No comments: